Wednesday 26 September 2012

Research and planning evaluation

Evaluation

Cover of my magazine: I have used 3 colours on my magazine as I know that a magazine has a typical 3 colour rule. The colours i have used for my college magazine are pink, blue and green. Then I have the basic colours white and black to give the finishing touches to my magazine to make the 3 colour rule stand out to the readers. I used these colours as it looks fun, bright and noticeable and I got the idea of these colours through the actual Hyde Clarendon colours of the college which I thought would be appropriate. I believe that the font sizes of my magazine are well thought out as a typical magazine has a masthead which has much bigger font that everything else and this is what i have stuck to as it makes the masthead stand out from everything else and this is the first thing my target audience will look at and this would give them the introduction of what this magazine will be about. As for the cover lines I have done these much smaller than the masthead which is stereotypically what you would see on any kind of magazine. I have done the cover lines all the same font so my magazine is consistent throughout and will flow easily for my audience to read. Although I think my publishing line could have been a bit bigger looking at the full effect of my magazine, I think this would make it stand out more as I think it looks slightly lost within the magazine cover. The photograph I have taken to go on the main cover as my magazine is clear and not blurred which i think is good as it has to stand out as this what what everyone will have their eye on. I think my photograph is appropriate as my magazine is to do with college so i have took an image of a student that actually goes to the college presented and has typical student clothing on. I do think the cover lines on my magazine front cover are appropriate as they are to do with the college and the things going on in and around college. One cover line says 'best A-level's in the area' and the picture of the student is all smiles which shows she is happy with the college and wants the best for herself.

Contents page: I have stuck with the 3 colour rule throughout my magazine as I have used the same colours on my contents page as I have the front cover which is pink, blue and green. I have used the same font for my masthead and my cover lines for the consistency of my magazine to make them look like the are part of the same magazine which I think is a typical thing to do to make your magazine look complete. I think the cover lines and my images I have used on my magazine link very well as I have the images of what the cover lines are talking about e.g. a cover line talks about the deck area and i have an image of what this area looks like which will give students an idea of what they will be looking for if they want to visit this part of the college. Also I have a cover line which talks about the A-levels of the college and their is an image on my magazine which shows a sign which is in the college of them telling us the A-levels which will give the students reassurance that they want to them to do well and they believe in the students. I could have added more cover lines to give them more gossip about the college as this is what students would want to hear, so if I had to make any improvements I would include more gossip about whats going on around college and students to draw my audience in with the magazine and make them maybe want to read this magazine more.

No comments:

Post a Comment